- Sleeping with your neck bent forward (flexed), sideways or twisted can can cause the neck ligaments and nerve roots to be passively stretched. Equally when your neck is bent back (extended) the nerve roots may be compressed. Both situations can be painful but if your spine is already suffering from wear and tear, due to injury or age, the pain can be greatly increased.
- Prevention of pain depends on being able to adopt a neutral position, which avoids these extremes, so that your spine (from the lower back to the nape of the neck) is relatively straight and unstressed.
- MEDesign’s unique Pillow achieves this by having a flat base and an upper sleeping surface which has contoured support rolls on the long sides plus a softer central portion.
- One of the support rolls is firmer than the other to accomodate different weights of head or individual preference. The whole pillow is then encased in soft, resilient wadding and fitted with an outer cotton cover.
- This unique combination of resilience, firmness, contours and softness produces an interactive system which ensures that your neck is properly and adequately supported between your head and shoulders. This is crucially important in keeping your neck muscles relaxed and your spine in a neutral position whether you lie on your back or your side.
- Impressive evaluation results. After the initial acclimatisation period - which varied between 0 and 5 days - the majority of users reported more restful sleep with less aches and pains in the morning.
- Sized to fit a standard pillowcase.
|Length: 55cm (21½”)|
Width: 32cm (12½”)
Thickness: 13cm (5¼”)
Weight: 700gm (1½lb)
MPT MEDesign Travel Pillow